3rd International Conference on Governance and Development
19-21 July 2023 | Manila, Philippines (In-person Conference)
GOVERNANCE AND DEVELOPMENT IN TRANSITION
Currently, the world is undergoing emergent challenges: social and economic recovery, the election of new governments, changes in agriculture and climate that affects global food and supply chains, and calls for timely action on environmental sustainability. These lead to substantial paradigm shifts among institutions and reshaped spaces of power, with new players and stakeholders emerging as crucial decision-makers.
This year’s conference theme initiates agenda-setting conversations and debates recognizing the agencies of institutions and communities to lead governance and development to better pathways.
Institutions in transition
- What transitions do communities and institutions face locally, regionally, and globally?
- How does leadership address transition issues related to, but not limited to, pandemic, education crisis, growing inequality, human and social security, climate emergency, gender injustice, and others?
- How will institutional innovations, such as in agricultural and rural development, enhance human capabilities and capacities in communities in transition?
New ways of rethinking governance and development
- In what ways do our traditional lens and analyses able to analyze and predict governance and development pathways after social, political, and economic transitions?
- How can data and information shape critical policy decisions?
- What are the new ways of opening governance to accommodate broad-based forms of governmental regimes?
Shared future and prosperity
- After these transitions, how do institutions forge partnerships and cooperation toward shared prosperity?
- How can the social, political, and economic pressures transform how we think about sustainability?
- How can institutions reinvent and innovate toward rights-based and people-centered growth and development?
STUDENT RESEARCH POSTER CONTEST
- CATEGORIES: On-going and Completed Research.
- On-going research: A project that is in progress and doesn’t have analyzed data to be presented.
- Completed research: A research project that has analyzed data to be presented.
ELIGIBLE TO JOIN
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
- Is it innovative research? What are the contributions to the existing literature?
- Can the audience understand the poster without the author explaining it?
- Are the visuals interesting to look at?
- This includes the title, authors, affiliation of authors, and a maximum of five keywords that can be found in your research project.
- It is made up of 300 words that describe your project research.
- Deadline for abstract submission has been extended until 08 November 2022.
- Submit through the link: https://bit.ly/ICGD3PreCon
- Notification of acceptance of posters will be sent through email.
- Posters are only in PDF format.
- Deadline for submission of poster: November 11, 2022.
- Submit your posters through the link: https://bit.ly/3UYEXV9
VIEWING OF POSTERS
AWARDING OF BEST POSTER
- Date of awarding: November 25, 2022.
- Only the top ten best posters will be invited for the awarding.
- Awards: 1st (PhP 3,000), 2nd (PhP 2,000), 3rd (PhP 1,000), and two runners-up (completed and on-going).
- Additional award: Most Liked Poster.
NOTE: The Call for Abstracts/Papers will open in November 2022.